At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Jackson. Whether it’s through our individual business practices or providing energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on specific climates. The three below give our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Consult your Jackson Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass styles or our recommended glass for the Jackson region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella uses it between our glass panes to give additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room during the winter months; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Jackson Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.