Window Style 101
Your window coverings can play a big role in the style of your space. So, whether you’re shooting for a tranquil feeling or something lively to express your personality, you’re bound to find an idea here! Here are a few tips to fancy up your windows.
- To create a sense of drama or to make a smaller room seem bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a bit of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to show off your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a quirky print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that covers your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a bit too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love decorating for the season, or just like to change things up every little bit, try switching out the curtains in your main living room. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having trouble finding the perfect pattern for your curtains, don’t confine yourself to traditional window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you envision.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To dress up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you found on vacation.