The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated piece of your home’s windows. They give you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wants, and with the number of styles and colors offered, you can discover a combination to fulfill whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can swap styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you go
with, there are multiple color choices to meet
your design needs.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to give you more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make for a quick cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve taken a look at a few positives of window grilles, let’s take a look at the challenges associated with window grilles.
- While there are a host of
designs available, some homeowners feel that a
few grille styles can obstruct their
view of the outside world.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that is cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are usually more costly than those without grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply shopping around for your current home, window grilles can be a great addition to your next set of windows. There are a host of things to think about, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our experts, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re searching for. Of course, with the host of products available, we suggest dropping by our Jackson showroom, giving us a call at 307-733-0535 or arranging an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we offer.