Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Jackson, WY Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – only a couple of things are better than looking out your wood windows on a nice, warm day in Jackson. And with a bit of spring-cleaning, those windows will shimmer, giving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another material, no one likes streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind these few cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s more enjoyable to clean with the sun out, the sun can actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is properly cleaned, so utilize that cloudy day to get your cleaning done.
- Having the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see the results.
- Always start from the top when washing your windows. Doing so keeps your drips heading to your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Utilize an old towel or paper towel and put it at the bottom of the window to collect any drips to keep them from getting on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make sure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips got through, it will help shield the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a little TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the staff at Pella Windows and Doors can help show proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Jackson today and check out which products are right for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.