Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
The cold season is fast approaching in Jackson and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Jackson winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Jackson Hole experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Chat with a professional to solve these issues before the winter hits Jackson.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Jackson a call at 307-733-0535 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.