Looking for New Windows in Your Jackson, WY Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When purchasing windows for your restoration or new construction project, you naturally want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. As you make this important decision, ponder these facts:
- Windows can impact the interior and exterior look and feel of your Jackson area home.
- Your window choice can make a significant difference in your home’s comfort level and energy costs.
- The construction of your windows can have a healthy impact on the long-term value of your Jackson area residence if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to explore the style and function selections available, you will be delighted with your purchase and appreciate the pleasure of gazing through your new windows for many years.
What factors should you contemplate when purchasing replacement windows for your Jackson home?
- What do they look like? Don’t forget that you’re going to view your replacement windows most often from in the home, not outside of it. Picture things in your mind from inside and study the view carefully; is the color, style and type of window suitable with your home’s interior? Is the window accessible for regular cleaning? Can light flow into the home? And don’t neglect to stand outside from several different viewing positions to evaluate if the style of replacement window you are considering works with the overall façade of your Jackson home.
- How energy efficient are the windows? Get the statistics relating to your windows that impact their energy efficiency. Topics to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values measure the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Check ratings of efficiency beforehand to help bring down heating and cooling expenses and receive the most value for your investment.
- Will your new windows operate as you expect them to? Just like purchasing your vehicle, it is important to try out the functionally of any window before you buy it. Is it easy to open and close the window? Is the window accessible enough to clean inside and out? Does the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window blinds or shades undisturbed? If the window will be a means of exit in case of fire, make sure it opens easily and supplies an adequately-sized opening.
- Who will install the windows? Installation of your windows is either added into the overall purchase price or requires an independent contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- Is it easy to clean and maintain your new windows? The weather in the Jackson area varies often. The appearance of your windows can be impacted negatively by wind, sun, rain and snow. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles for an easier way of keeping your windows clean and looking great for years.
- What is available in terms of color and hardware options? The color you select can reflect your style and increases the overall appeal of your Jackson home. Some window companies offer a small selection of exterior color choices. Determine what color schemes are in place for the windows you are considering. In addition, that latches and handles complement the style of your home and coordinate with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinets, faucets and even appliances.
- How much will you pay? The philosophy ”you get what you pay for” applies to many products, and windows are no exception. The cheapest windows may not be your best buy. Windows are an investment in your property. The type of window you select should be based more on performance than on price.
We encourage you to visit Pella at the Jackson area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at 307-733-0535.