Know when its time for replacement windows and doors with a DIY window and door inspection in Jackson, WY
When it comes to being a homeowner, the list of to-do’s loads up from day one and never really gets finished. One thing that never gets finished is routine home maintenance. While that’s really broad and all-encompassing, you need to make certain that it includes an inspection of your windows and doors so you know when it’s time for replacement windows and doors.
Taking even 10-15 minutes to do a fast walk around your home to inspect your windows and doors can help give you insight into which rooms or areas of your home may need repair or maintenance and help you order them.
So before you begin your research on replacement windows and doors, glance over this checklist for your inspection.
- Look at the finishes around your
windows and doors and see if there is any flaking or
- Take a close look at the structure of your
windows and doors, noting any
cracking or deteriorating wood as well as any additional
damage that can be caused by water.
- If you uncover a problem, find its cause. There could
be underlying concerns that require
a specialist from Pella Windows and Doors to come out
and take a look, and any information is valued.
- Clean out your window sills and tracks for dirt
and other debris as it may affect the
seal and operation of your windows and doors.
- While you’re taking care of your window sills and tracks, inspect
the weather stripping around your windows and doors. Re-attach or replace any damaged
- Test out the locks on your windows and doors to ensure they are operating
smoothly and correctly.
- Check the caulking of all your windows and doors as they help guard against air leaks and help protect your home from the elements.
If you’ve taken the time to go through this checklist, you’ve checked your home for some of the more common concerns we see at Pella Windows and Doors. While some of these concerns are basic fixes, please contact us if you have any uncertainty about the condition of your windows and doors. Stop by our Jackson showroom, give us a call at 307-733-0535 or schedule an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.