Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a wonderful way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your household. What is the purpose of your space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for years to come.
- Forget your budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 307-733-0535, stop by our Jackson showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.