How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Jackson
Fall is coming quickly in Jackson, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the ambiance of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to consider when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to produce levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Jackson a call at 307-733-0535 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!