Investing in your house is important, and when it’s time to replace windows, any homeowner will want to ensure they are getting what they paid for. It’s essential to evaluate the style, material and design of a window, but to recognize your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience throughout the years. Here are some of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you may see your heating and cooling costs reduced. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 per year when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows may return 73 percent of the project amount when you sell your house. If you are thinking of selling your home in the next several years, your first step might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for most ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to look through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and locate the best deals in Jackson.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has increased, new glass panes can now help diminish fading of your furniture and fabrics from damaging sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements are eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To learn more about the particulars of green-energy tax credits for the Jackson area, check out energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the upfront expenses can be overwhelming. Replacement windows are a good way to spruce up your home before the fall hits, while also saving some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Learn more about replacing new windows with Pella Windows and Doors by giving our experts a call at 307-733-0535 or scheduling an appointment with us online.