10 Tips for a Safe, Comfortable, Organized Holiday Season
If it’s your turn to host your family for the holidays in Jackson, you might feel more than a little stressed. As you start running through your to-do list, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
No matter if you are having five or 50 guests over for the holidays, these tips will help ensure your celebrations are safe and enjoyable for all—even you, the host!
- A storage-packed island will provide maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Everyone can help chop up veggies, cook up a storm and utilize pull out counter tops for hot dishes. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies allows you to simply put all of the dishes away and say goodbye to your one-and-done pans.
- The holidays are a great time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are virtually endless.
- As if winter months aren’t a good enough reason, use the holidays as motivation to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Jackson to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and comfortable holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through such a cold season in Jackson, it is hard to find vibrant colors outside of your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need more chairs around your table or you want a dedicated area for the kids to eat, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Popular opinion says holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food matches the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Jackson every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. With all of the holiday madness going on, it is easy to be forgetful. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may not get much use throughout the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you’re gearing toward elegant or festive, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you can take advantage of endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Get creative and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. This is a perfect spot for you to set Santa’s cookies or enjoy a cup of coffee before Thanksgiving cooking begins.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, the most important part of the season is time with your loved ones. Use your skills to create a humble abode for all. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Jackson than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.